* i have been planning to open an etsy shop, but i keep getting stuck. i am scared nobody will like my stuff and i am scared i won’t be very good at selling things and i am scared i will lose interest and won’t put in the time to do it justice.
* guess what?! i’m going to do it anyway. starting this week. one little thing at a time.
* i’ll be selling pretty vintage things there. and special short runs of handmade items. (do you think that’s confusing or uncouth, to mix the handmade and the vintage like that? totally open for feedback.)
* last week, i told my boyfriend about an idea i have for a short-run project. the idea’s still kind of vague, but it involves feathers and embroidery. the next morning he left this bowl of feathers on the back porch. (very sweetly feline of him.) but shoot, now i must put up or shut up.
* i am not very good at shutting up so i’m planning to put up.
* but wait, i sometimes get ahead of myself when it comes to ideas. like this small detail: i don’t know anything about embroidery. i bought a book and some hoops. i’ll let you know how it goes.
* before the end of this week:
♥ there will be an etsy shop with at least one item in it.
♥ there will be a tiny-but-sweet diy tutorial for you on this blog.
♥ and also on this blog, there will be a giveaway! just for fun, for kicks, for the sake of community.
is there some small intention you’ve been holding in that you need to just speak up and say? you can do it right here, if you’d like. even with a small intention, it can be scary to speak it aloud. but i’ve found, for me at least, that part of giving it some life is saying it.
have a wonderful day, you lovelies! xo